I'm in such a pickle in life at the moment.
I started the childcare job I mentioned in a previous post yesterday which was meant to be for four days a week, finally I thought I'd be able to sign off of the dole. Yet, they say I'm needed 2 days a week.
I hate, hate, hate being on the dole.
So my search for a job that's 16 hours a week continues. Why 16? I need a job to fit around my part time degree.
If I can't find a job within the next month I can't go to uni, which I've had my heart set on for this past year. I can't go because I only get my course paid for, no bursaries because it's a part time course not full time.
Which completely sucks.
What's even worse is that I've completely fallen out with my mam because of this as she never wanted me to go to uni.
So for a few days I'm staying at Kates which I'm so grateful. Her mam and sister too, they're truly like my adopted family. I'm so lucky to have them as they're the only people who I can really turn to.
A lot like Sirius and James Potters relationship.
So for now I'm trying to decided what's for the best.
1. Not to do the Foundation Degree and concentrate on getting a job.
2. Do an apprenticeship.
3. Concentrate on getting a job and re-apply for uni next year, which leaves me time to get placements in a nursery for the mean time.
I know which ever option I choose will be best for me, but it still feels poop!
It's worse when one of your parents live on the other side of the world too.
So for now I have a lot of thinking to do whilst watching the beautiful divers at the Olympics.
*Cough Cough Chris Mears*
Also, I'd like to thank the lovely Andie over at The Adventures of Andie's Travelling Pants, for nominating me for the Liebster Award.
What is the Liebster Award? The word Liebster is German and it literally meaning "dearest" or "favorite". Other meanings include sweetest, kindest, nicest, dearest, beloved, lovely, kind, pleasant, valued, cute, endearing, and welcome.
The award recognizes new and upcoming bloggers with less than 200 followers (or friends) who deserve recognition and support for their contribution in the blogosphere.
In order to accept this prestigious award, one must abide by the following list of rules.
- Each person must list 11 things about themselves.
- Answer the 11 questions that the tagger has set for you PLUS you MUST create 11 questions of your own for the 11 people you will nominate with this award.
- Choose up to 11 bloggers linking them to your post.
- Go to their page and inform them of the nomination.
- Absolutely NO tag backs.
- Remember to ONLY tag bloggers with less than 200 followers
11 Random Facts about Me:
- When I shower I have to wash my hair separately.
- I'm scared that if I move away to uni my mam will hate me for it.
- I have a birth mark on my lower back that looks like a squashed malteeser.
- My two best friends live within 2 minutes walking distance.
- I'm completely addicted to Chicken! I mean I have it almost every night for tea.
- My favourite takeaway is a Chinese. Battered Chicken with egg fried rice and sweet & sour sauce FTW.
- I've read Matilda over 30 times.
- I want to lose weight so someone could pick me up at a concert.
- When my mam was getting rid of my Barbie dolls, I sneaked my favourites dolls out Ariel and Anastasia.
- My favourite Olympic event is the Canoe Slalom.
- If I have nothing to do I'll go to the local park and read.
- If you could learn any language, which one would it be?
Defiantly Italian, whenever I hear it my knees just go weak. I'm in complete love with it.
- Who is your doppelganger? Or which celebrity do you get mistaken for?
Someone told me once that I look like Tracy Turnblad (Hairspray) I was slightly offended as I'm not that big. But then she has a kick ass voice and can dance, unlike me.
- Have you ever participated in any sports?
Yes, during primary school I was part of the football team. Under 11 North Tyneside Champions. Also during high school I was part of the Netball team.
- What is your favorite quote or motto in life?
I recently watched The Best Exotic Marigold Hotel where I found my favourite quote of all.
"In the end everything will be all right. If it's not all right it's not yet the end"
- What is your favorite food/dish/cuisine?
Tuesday night tea, which consists of Chicken, Pasta, Tomato sauce and Mozzarella.
- Starbucks, Dunkin Donuts, or Caribou Coffee?
Starbucks as we don't have the others in my home town.
- If you had three wishes, what would you wish for?
- That I could win the lottery.
- I'd move to Australia.
- To have a safari in Kenya.
- What song is the most played on your iPod at this time?
Starships - Nicki Minaj.
- Who was the last person you talked to on the phone?
- The world would be a better place if __________
I had a Christian Grey without the whole contract.
- Do you believe in ghosts? Have you had an encounter with “the paranormal”?
Yes, I was in my room at grandmas. She shouted up 'Michelle turn the TV off' It went off. I didn't even get out of bed.
1. Who is your ideal husband?
2. What's your favourite song?
3. In 10 years what profession would you want to be in?
4. Summer wear or Winter?
5. Is there movie that makes you?
6. If you had the Tardis, which year century would you go back to and why?
7. Which make-up brand is your favourite and why?
8. Would you rather be able to dance or sing?
9. Do you have your children's names already picked?
10. Which genre of film is your favourite?
11. If you were President/Prime Minster which law would you change first?
- Louisa Mary @ Louisa Maryy
- Sacha @ Sacha's Saucy Snippets
- Lauren @ Scarecrows Don't Talk
- Courtney Marie @ Over the Rainbow
- Kendall & Tiana @ THIRTEEN
- Toni @ The Only Way Is Toni
- Katrina @ The young Bridget Jones
- Natasha @ The Night is Wild
- Stacy @ Talk Pretty
- Charlotte @ Charbuckss
- Chloe @ Hello Chloe Rose